Monday, January 12, 2009

Makers Diet Menu

Ok, I really was kidding that I won't be posting just because Matt's a better writer! I have just been busy! :) Just to catch you up, Matt and I are doing a dietary cleanse. I say dietary because we aren't doing any pills or staying buy the toilet all day for a week! We're just cleaning up our food in a big way. We eat very well on a regular basis, but over Christmas break we ate too much sugar and just too much food in general. So, we're doing the Maker's Diet, a three phase, 40-day diet that basically detoxes your body from all carbs and sugar for a month! Yeah...not easy. But, I've done it before and I feel SO much better. We're not going to take out healthy grains for the boys but they won't be having much/if any sugar at all either! The first two weeks there are no beans except lentils, very few nuts...mainly almonds. No grains, potatoes, cow's dairy (we can have goat's), no pork or shellfish (hence, Maker's Diet). You may notice that I'm doing eggs and veggies every day! I have been eating that for months anyway and I don't get sick of it. I do change it up a bit by adding herbs, goat cheese, making omelets, fried eggs, scrambled, etc. Sorry if it's boring to you, but it's just so much less for me to think about and we love it. Also, again, to make it easier on myself, I always make lots at dinner so there's plenty for leftovers for lunch the next day. So, here's our menu for this first week of the plan:

Monday
Breakfast: eggs and sauteed veggies in coconut oil
fiber drink, cod liver oil, greens capsules, whole food multivitamin
Lunch: Green salad with onions, carrots, peppers, sprouts, goat cheese, avocado, sprouted sunflower seeds with homemade apple cider vinegar dressing.
Cocount/chicken broth with cilantro and scallions
Dinner: Frijole Soup, green salad
Snack: goat milk yogurt, blackberries, raw honey and sprouted sunflower seeds

Tuesday
Breakfast: eggs and veggies in homemade butter
fiber, greens, clo, multivitamin
Lunch: leftover soup
Dinner: Wild alaskan salmon with lentils and green salad
Snack: Crispy nuts and goat cheese

Wednesday
Breakfast
: veggies and eggs
Lunch: leftover salmon and lentils sauteed with cabbage, onions, veggies
Dinner: Lamb chops, green beans, green salad
Snack: Tomatoes, onions, and avocado with apple cider vinegar, herbamare and olive oil

Thursday
Breakfast:
veggies and eggs
Lunch: cold lamb meat over salad
Dinner: Indian beef and cabbage, steamed broccoli with butter
Snack: Hard boiled eggs, carrot sticks

Friday
Breakfast:
eggs and veggies
Lunch: leftovers
Dinner: Homemade spaghetti sauce with beef over spaghetti squash, green salad
Snack: Goat's yogurt, berries, seeds, and raw honey

Saturday
Breakfast:
eggs, turkey sausage, veggies
Lunch: Tuna salad with natural mayo over salad with avocado, peppers, onions, sprouts, etc.
Dinner: Healing Chicken soup with ginger, green salad
Snack: Crispy nuts, goat cheese

Sunday
Breakfast: eggs, veggies
Lunch: leftover soup
Dinner: Salmon burgers, salad, steamed broccoli
Snacks: tomato, avocado, onion salsa







1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I linked to this blog from my sister, Melissa's. I'm currently on a get rid of Candida diet (something I've never done anything like before in my life) and would love some advice with good recipes that meet the "rules" I've been given. I'm seeing a naturopathic doctor and have really strict guidelines (nothing bagged, boxed, or canned, no dairy, no sweeteners - natural or not, no yeast, and minimal fruits and multigrains). My sis thought you might have some good recipes I could steal. I would appreciate any help I can get! My email is embehrens626@gmail.com. Thanks!