Thursday, April 23, 2009

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

It's been so long since I've posted on here! It really is just because I'm busy and I don't post if I don't feel like it! :) Sorry to all of you who look on here often...all 3 of you! :0)
Anyway, I'm doing great. My kids are doing great. We're eating well, playing outside, doing tons (probably too many) of playdates, and I'm getting projects done around the house. I'm pretty determined not to get on the computer much during the day anymore, so I just don't have the time to write much.
Things have been going well for the boys and their skin until this week. It's so nice out and they've even worn shorts a couple times. Well, Abraham's legs are just super inflamed now...which I distinctly remember happening last year right about this time when he started to play outside. So, I'm pretty certain he's got some environmental allergies that I really can't do anything about. The only thing I have read is that people with environmental allergies should probably stay away from gluten and dairy even if they aren't necessarily allergic or sensitive to those things because they do produce a high level of mucus. During allergy season, this just should be avoided to help keep inflammation down as much as possible.
We'd actually been gradually adding dairy and gluten back in our diets on a rotating basis and the boys have seemed to handle it just fine. But, with this setback I'm afraid we're going to have to go back to square one! On the positive side, Eliot seems to be doing great! He's got a couple small patches, but overall his legs look amazing!
I haven't been quite as diligent about menu planning...I really need to for financial and health purposes. I will work on that and hopefully post a menu soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Eliot, boo for poor Abraham. We've been adding some gluten and dairy in too and Gav seems to be handling it well. Finally, a little bit of normalcy!